Thursday, October 28, 2004

The Ever Optimistic Florist

Ahh, it's time for the Christmas and Wedding Design Shows at your local wholesale houses. Don't you WISH there was some way to tell in advance if it was worth your time to attend?
In the last 35 years, I've been to...let's see.....maybe one a year. Of those, I'd say only five were outstanding shows, where I couldn't wait to get back to the shop to try something I'd just learned. FIVE.
Another ten or so were "not bad".
Most shows, however, were duds.

Now, isn't that pathetic?

Yes, I usually find something I can use at any show, and it's good to connect with other florists from the area. Since we "outstate" florists rarely get to cruise the wholesale houses, even that's fun. Then, sometimes a new product catches my interest, or a new way to use something familiar--and it's enough to get me revved again.

A design show is so much work for the wholesalers! It's their big chance to impress us with their outstanding products and services, their great sales people, their extensive coolers and their new fresh possibilities.
Good grief, they even put flower arrangements in the restrooms at the show, so why, why, WHY do we ever end up with an uninspiring, droning presenter?!

Sheesh, stop me before I talk myself out of going next week.....LOL









No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!