Tuesday, November 02, 2004

A "Normal" Day

I've been considering the idea of blogging my day at work....a typical 'day in the life', you know? This morning I thought, well how about today?

By noon, I knew today wasn't at all typical...lol...but it might be interesting to tell about, anyway....

8AM: Two designers, the manager and two part-timers arrive. The PT's go to work on watering and balloons because fresh flowers will be here soon.
We designers check today's orders....not too much there, so I'm sent to do Thanksgiving silk arrangements and more fall stuff.
(I know. I started Christmas last week, but there are still fall arrangements to do. It's called 'multi-tasking'. Or 'confusion'. Take your pick...)

11:30AM: Would I go to another of our stores to help for a couple hours? They're short-handed today and need cooler back-up arrangements. I'm to have lunch first, go there and help, but be back at my store by 3:30. Sure.

3:20PM: Well, not bad. I'm leaving the other store almost on time.

3:45PM: Back at my store, I place the arrangements I've made today on the shelves and check next week's schedule, discuss tomorrow with the manager and leave by 4:30 to vote on my way home.

Today's output: 10 silk cornucopia arrangements @ $25
9 vase arrangements @ $28
6 small vase arrangements @ $15
1 blog entry....priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!