Thursday, December 30, 2004

Not enough repetition...right.

(Hi! If you're here looking for 'wrist corsages'...scroll down to 12/13...there's a picture I found on Google...lol!)

A friend sent me a movie of himself a few months ago. I put it on my desktop to play now and then...which I do, lol.....until eventually I've memorized all the words he says, the nuances of his face and the inflections in his voice, you know? If I heard only a few words from the movie, I'd be able to identify where it came from and what he says next...."I haven't painted it yet..." ("ah weel")...end of movie, about office...lol

So WHY is my memory getting so fuzzy about other stuff? Tonight, on-line with another friend, the brand names of spaghetti sauces came up...don't ask.....and neither of us could think of them. ("One starts with an r...?")

Oh, my. I know what you're thinking: "Ragu....it's Ragu!!"

In this case it's the lack of repetition--since I don't own a TV, I don't have a 'commercials list' in my head--but the other stuff I can't remember?

Aw'right, aw'right!...yes, it COULD be advancing age...or my not paying attention....but I sooth myself with this:
There's just SO MUCH input these days: I have a tough time with new roads because I'm compelled to read all billboards; people around me talk and I listen; there are trade magazines with gobs of info; NPR is on all my radios; blogs and news and e-mails on the computer start and finish my day....whew.

It's pretty cool that I remember anything, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!