Friday, December 17, 2004

Silver Fir

A high-speed and crazy day at the shop today! Whew.

Beyond getting the orders-for-delivery made up, doing the wedding, waiting on customers and answering the phone, this time of year's when old friends show up in the store. (They're home for Christmas, right?) You just CAN'T catch up on the last 30 years in 5 minutes! lol

When I came back from lunch, the first thing I noticed about the floral department was the heady sweet fragrance of pine....oh, man, when you get the chance....go to a flower shop and ask for a small piece of 'silver fir'.

(I know, I know....but none of my three loyal readers actually ARE florists).

Strip off an inch or so of needles, and sniff the stem where they were...it's exquisite! A citrusy pine scent that's very close to heaven....( sniffing my fingers here...lol)


No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!