Tuesday, January 18, 2005

"The Bridge" theme

My daily trip to work is about 8 miles, mostly through Minnesota 'farm country'. Every time I drive it, I'm enchanted by something along the way...a flight of geese, sprouting rows of corn, the sunrise, three wild turkeys walking across the road.
And, there are on-going stories, too: the kid who waited for the school bus every morning last year must have his own car now, but there he is today...hmm; the wheatfield being transformed into "Whispering Oaks" subdivision; a paper mill and it's steam as it's caught by the early morning sun; and, my favorite bridge as it changes with the seasons.

It's a bridge over the Mississippi River and the road I take parallels the river, so I go under the bridge.
The seasonal changes on the river are beautifully framed by those magnificent arches of concrete.....don't you agree?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:24 PM

    Why wasn't there an entry for Monday, Jan. 17? I think a blogger has an obligation to the blogees. Many more slip ups like this and I'm gonna want my money back. A word to the wise is deficient.

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!