Sunday, April 03, 2005

Playing in the dirt

Have you noticed that when it's really cold out, you can't remember how hot it was last summer? And how, in August, you think it'll NEVER be cool again...ever?
The weather icon here says it's 62 degrees right now. I know uncovering the garden is risky on April 3 in Minnesota because it could freeze tonight, but I can't imagine that happening. It's 62!
I was just out there messing with the dead stems and leaves from last year. Worked up a mild 'glow'.

So, you ask, why am I back in the house already?

Because when I finished the flowerbed, I turned the hose on.

Evidently, one really SHOULD move the hose into the basement during the winter.

Too late--I got fairly wet--and it's not THAT warm out there.

Still, I know you're waiting for 'Before' and 'After' pictures, right?


Umm, would you believe that Fall came unannounced last year?? Bag Head


Ok, here's the 'After' picture.
Too bad you can't see the water as it REALLY was!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:54 AM

    The first new green that I noticed was chives. The next, yesterday morning, was Sedum, which is in one of the sunniest spots in my yard. The tops, pushing out, look like hen and chicks, or maybe asparagus. Then, being excited about this proof that spring has arrived, I went through my rock garden with an eagle eye, and found tiny shoots springing up from the dried remainder of last year's Columbine and Dragon's Blood-- and both my rhubarb and strawberries are coming up in the garden beds!

    I was so excited I made my neighbor come and look. She was a good sport about it.

    Happy Spring, everyone!

    Lemony

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!