Monday, December 12, 2005

How do YOU take orders?

Hi!
I visited another flower shop today. The order pad on the counter made me wonder what method they used to indicate the order was already done--you know, once the order is filled--did they list what was used? Did they initial it? Did they 'slash' it?

Amazingly, we used all three in the shops where I've worked.

A diagonal line through an order meant it was done and ready to go. At the bottom of the slash were the designers' initials and on the back was a quick list of what was used--not necessarily numbers, but I always began the list with whatever I used most of--so it might read "dk r roses, volken, yel alstro/solidago, kermits, myrtle, leather...glass" Any other florist reading that could picture the arrangement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!