Thursday, June 01, 2006

June First

I know you're missing pictures here, but if I have to wait for the camera, so do you.

Today in my little two-college town, we have what I refer to as "Big Chunks" garbage day...two Thursdays in the fall (getting ready for winter) and two in the spring (when the students leave).
I've noticed an increase in traffic in the alley this morning. The 'pickers' are out early--slowly cruisin' piles of crap in case there's any treasure...lol

There's an upholstered chair that I've stored in the garage for more than a decade, and Daud finally said it could go this spring (!) It's closest to one of these, but more squat, with rounded arms and a more oval seat.
Lest you think it's actually a keeper, it in VERY faded pink nubbly fabric worn to black along the front edge--the base fabric was actually black, but the nubs are worn away. LOL...I just checked, and it's GONE!
(Now someone else can keep it in their garage...lol)

Ahhhh, spring!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. *Sigh.* I really did love that chair, but it just wasn't that comfortable. It wasn't a chair to sink into and read, it was a chair to perch upon. Best of luck to whomever "picked" it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:56 PM

    Impatiens is also known as Busy Lizzy. In German, it's spelled Fleisige Lieschen, or as our mother said Fleisige Lies. So there.

    Did you get the camera?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY...THE CAMERA CAME TODAY AND I TOOK PICS TONIGHT. STAY TUNED, I JUST NEED TO UNDERSTAND HOW TO GET 'EM INTO THE COMPUTER...LOL
    THANKS TO YOU AND EBAY!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!