Friday, November 26, 2004

Blogging

Ever since I first heard about web logs, I've wondered why anyone would? Specifically, ahem, why would I?

Blogging seems like a relatively permanent way to be 'out there'. Anyone could go back six months and see my knee-jerk reaction to something that happened then. It's like a letter or a...gulp....birthday card, right? Once it's written and sent, you can't take it back, no matter how much you wish you could.

And I know me...my initial opinions and impulses aren't necessarily well-thought-out.
.......................................................................
Does knowing that about myself keep me from expressing those opinions?
No. It doesn't.
I'm of the "Oh, why not?" school.
Hmmm....
Right.
This is asking for trouble.
......................................................................
OK, maybe Ephemeral Florist could be an exercise in circumspection for me....to see if I can think stuff through first, before I commit it to the web?
(I mean, ten more minutes of thinking about something wouldn't kill me, right? lol)

But see, HERE is where blogging's difference/saving grace comes in:

Unlike that perfumed, suggestive birthday card I still can't believe I sent (blush), anything I write HERE can be edited, ammended or even deleted altogether once I've seen the light.
Oh my, what power.

LOL...this is all by way of justifying the changes I made to the post called 'Questions', below.
Yes, I DID think overnight about writing this, then gave it 10 more minutes just now. Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!