Thursday, November 25, 2004

Giving Thanks

One really nice thing about working in a grocery store floral is all the other people you make friends with there. People from other departments, faces you see every day...eventually you know their spouses, their kids, their birthdays, and they know you....lol
Jeff works in the meat department, and our storage cooler is nearby, so we smile and say hi many times a day. He reminds me of Tigger...he's tall and wirey and rarely stands still. We tease that he's my other son, the one that J&E don't know about...

He told me yesterday that he'd be cooking Thanksgiving dinner for his family today. When he heard that it was my turn to work the holiday, he said he'd save some turkey for me. We laughed, I said thanks, and I forgot about it.
And then, tonight, as I was closing the flower shop....dear, sweet, thoughtful Jeff came bouncing around the corner with a complete turkey dinner for me. WOW...(instant tears and warm grateful hugs)...oh man...blew me away.
Mmmm, potatoes and gravy, stuffing, green beans, succulent turkey....even orange jello with whipped cream.
It was probably the BEST Thanksgiving dinner I've ever had, just because he bothered, you know?
So here I sit, turkey full and thankful for the blessings of friendship.
I hope you had a Thanksgiving that was every bit as wonderful as mine!





No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!