Sunday, April 24, 2005

Funeral flowers

Were you wondering if I was so wrapped up in mowing that I'd forget to show you the casket spray? Nawww.
(The 'photo studio' is a little cluttered, but at least I cropped the cardboard box out of the picture).

These pieces are for the funeral of a woman who had a large and prosperous family. The scripts said "Mother", "Grandmother", "Great Grandmother" AND "Great Great Grandmother"...whew.






(I don't know if you can see it, but this third piece has a 'mossy path' through the middle...the idea is that this might be where the deceased has gone).

When I'm doing funeral flowers, I often think about something I read years ago: the concept that as long as there are people alive who knew you, you're not really dead.

(Hm. A good reason to become Foster Grandparents, huh?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!