Sunday, April 24, 2005

The Personals

Have you ever tried connecting with someone through the 'personals' sites that are ubiquitous online?
You'd think it would be a great way to meet people, right? Especially those services that have you answer myriad questions about yourself and about who you'd want in your life.
Weed out the incompatibles before you even say "Hi".
How perfect.
How efficient.
How impossible, evidently.

Sheesh, now my requirements have turned into what I DON'T want in a man.
If he's humorless, or can't/doesn't bother to spell correctly, if he can't play with the language.....if he has nothing but sex on his mind (ahem), if he's never heard of a blog, if he thinks of questions as challenges....and women as ladies...if he thinks a good time is watching fishing shows on the tube and doesn't like big band music...if he's shorter than me or thrives on HOT weather, if poetic ideas scare him and new ideas weird him out, and the last book he read was a comic....well, then, what do I want him in my life for?

I know from experience that this isn't asking too much....but maybe you only get to meet ONE like that in a life time?

Optimistic Me says 'I hope not'. Realistic Me says 'Forget about it".

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!