Thursday, January 12, 2006

New/Old fun!

Whew!
I wondered if six year old polymer clay would be too stiff to 'work'--but I only had to pitch the chunk of white. And, I did have to sand a little rust off my pasta machine. Gawd.

Here's the re-constituted clay I have left, and yes, some of it did need a touch of baby oil to make it workable--do you care? lol
The range of colors are curious, hmm? But I realized that what's left here were my least favorite colors, in inverse proportions--I love bright primary colors, metallics and glow-in-the-dark, blues, greens, oranges, pinks and the contrast of black and white...lol

OK, is there a color I don't like??

Below are the canes I made back then, and they seem to still be 'sliceable'--if not, they'll join that fat ugly colored log (left above--my scrap clay, used for...ahh, that's a secret Ignoring You...)









Yeah, those are face-canes down in front. Once you've build one , you've invested so MUCH clay in it that you end up with yards of the thing. These are mere shadows of their former selves...lol

Now, I'm off to the craft store to buy some GOOD colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!