Sunday, March 19, 2006

Back to the real world?

Whew. After 4 1/2 months of truly delightful unemployment, I'll be starting a new career tomorrow morning....and I still can hardly believe it.

It took me awhile to realize that I was tired of being a florist--but when I thought of the years to come, what came to mind was just more Mother's Days, more Valentine's Days, more proms and weddings and special events, NOT all the wonderful customers I'd dealt with over the years, or the amazing colors and varieties of flowers, or even my delight in glitter and helium.
If your job becomes drudgery, it's probably time to look for something else.

So, I knew what I didn't want to do, but that leaves a WHOLE WORLD of choices and possibilities. Luckily, I'm not interested in brain surgery or rocket science. Happily, I don't need a huge income, my truck's paid off and dependable, and only the cat cares how long I'm gone from home every day.

When my kids were little, I remember getting almost to the breaking point at the thought of
One. More. Diaper.
And then it was over. Blessed continence was achieved...lol.

On March 1st this year, I was at the same point with job hunting and idleness....and suddenly, THERE was the job I wanted, the job that would use my skills and that I'd only vaguely considered before:
The ad said, "Sales Associates, Design Consultants" for a well known local furniture company...WOW. How perfect for me....

So, as of tomorrow, the 'Florist' in the title up there will truly become Ephemeral.: Lasting for a markedly brief time, about 38 years.

LOL

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck tomorrow, Mom. Call me in the evening to let me know how your first day goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:06 AM

    So how was the first day back in the real world? And does this mean you won't have time to send my doggyrock - still?

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!