Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Red Wheelbarrow

(Daud's favorite springtime poem)
by William Carlos Williams

so much depends upon
a red wheelbarrow
glazed with rainwater
beside the white chickens.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I've always taken for granted that things'll fall into place at the right time in my life. When I'm "daunted" in one direction and feel forced to change, I always look back and see that it was actually not a roadblock but just what I needed.

I tried to be a salesperson--I was ok at it, but there was no joy involved. I know there are people who thrive on sales, but to me, it seemed like an endless road with no destination, only constant plodding.

Now I see that maybe I just needed to mark time for a month, until this better job ** could be posted!
(For someone who stuck to the same job for 38 years, lasting only a month seemed flippant. But I'm even more amazed that I have NO regrets about leaving.)

When I left the flower shop, I started looking for a new job "related to floral". I thought it might be as a company rep for silks or paint...extending something I know into something more. When the BFW job came along, I saw "design consultant" as just that...using what I already know in a different way. But design turned out to be an insignificant part of the job, though the people were wonderful....so I moved on. It's as simple as that.


LOL...both of you already know about the new job, but for that one person who came here for the poem and just kept reading: I get to keep Ephemeral Florist legitimately...I'll be working for a landscape company less than a mile from here. They want to increase retail sales, along with what they already offer in landscaping and service. It's a small enthusiastic company of very cool people, and I start tomorrow morning! Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:24 PM

    Hooray, indeed!

    Congratulations :)

    ~Patsy's Daughter~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:55 AM

    Good for you! I was getting kind of afraid that you'd be forced by some internet cops or something to change your blog's name to Ephermeral (Although Temporary [we know now]) Furniture Sales Associate.

    I never wanted to be a EATWKNFSAR. I've always been proud of my EFR-ness, however. It's such a small, select club, donja know.

    ~PT

    ReplyDelete

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!