Sunday, March 18, 2007

"Pie" and a Pic

I don't know about you, but I've always felt that recipes were really just suggestions for a fairly good combination of ingredients....that if it calls for 2 cups of something, well, 1 3/4 probably works too, just like 2 1/2 cups would...lol

That's why, when I found a recipe for Banana Bread that called for the zest of one lemon, I figured I'd use the rest of the lemon for THIS recipe.

Sure, it calls for THREE lemons and a pie crust...but how 'bout most of one lemon, less sugar, and 4 eggs baked in the brown casserole bowl? It's in the oven right now...we'll see!

(Frankly, this attitude is most likely why my family thinks I'm only an "adequate" cook...lol...but they didn't starve, right?)


**************************************

Here's little grand daughter, asleep on my shoulder this week...it's tough to aim a camera at arm's length!


(I get to babysit again on Tuesday and Wednesday this week...I imagine we'll have MORE pictures then!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're leaving a comment! Good job!!